LIONS CODE OF ETHICS:
- TO SHOW my faith in the worthiness of my vocation by industrious application to the end
that I may merit a reputation for quality of service.
- TO SEEK success and to demand all fair remuneration or profit as my just due, but to
accept no profit or success at the price of my own self respect lost because of unfair
advantage taken or because of questionable acts on my part.
- TO REMEMBER that, in building up my business, it is not necessary to tear down
another's; to be loyal to my clients or customers and true to myself.
- WHENEVER a doubt arises as to the right or ethics of my position or action towards my
fellow men, to resolve such doubt against myself.
- TO HOLD friendship as an end, and not a means. To hold that true friendship exists not on
account of the service performed by one to another, but that true friendship
demands nothing but accepts service in the spirit in which it is given.
- TO AID my fellow men by giving my sympathy to those in distress, my aid to the weak,
and my substance to the needy.
- TO BE careful with my criticisms and liberal with my praise, to build up, not to destroy.